Optical FLow & Lidar Sensor 3901-L0X
This module works with INAV firmware(since 2.3) and latest ArduPilot firmware(since 4.1)
Setting up Optic Flow in INAV PDF manual by digitalentity
- Optical Flow: PMW3901
- Lidar: VL53L0X
- Interface UART
- Protocol: MSP
- Working Range: 8cm~200cm
- Field of view: 42 degree(PMW3901), 27 degree(VL53L0X)
- Minimum Illumination >60Lux
- Input voltage: 4.5~5.5V
- Power Consumption: 40mA
- Size: 36*12mm, 2g
- Module 3901-L0X, 1pc
- Make sure Optical Flow lens to ground >2cm for opflow initialization while FC starting up.
- Maximum range of VL53L0X is 2m, Altitude hold 0~2m @ throttle 0~100% if VL53L0X is enabled.
- Any unused UART of FC supports it
- Sonar connection (Trig & Echo) has not been implemented
- If your flight controller doesn’t have a barometer detected, you won’t be able to select “NAV ALTHOLD” in modes tab.
ArduPilot latest firmware has supported MSP protocol since Sep.02
- SERIAL_PROTOCOL = 32
- SERIAL_BAUD = 115
- RNGFND_TYPE = 32
- FLOW_TYPE = 7
Communication between 3901-L0X module and Flight controller via UART MSP V2 protocol supported by INAV and ArduPilot.
Pls refer INAV and ArduPilot Github