GPS & Compass Module M8Q-5883
Ublox SAM-M8Q GPS, GLONASS, Galileo receiver with antenna. Compass QMC5883L integrated.
- 72-channel M8 engine GPS L1C/A, SBAS L1C/A, QZSS L1C/A, QZSS L1 SAIF, GLONASS L1OF, Galileo E1B/C
- On-board Ultra low noise 3.3V voltage regulator and RF filter for noise blocking
- Features an additional front-end LNA for optimized performance and a front-end SAW filter for increased jamming immunity
- Build-in embedded GNSS patch antenna, low power consumption
- The 15 x 15 mm patch antenna provides the best compromise between the performance of a Right Hand Circular Polarized (RHCP) antenna and a small size to be integrated in any design.
- Magnetic sensor QMC5883L integrated
- Max navigation update rate
Single GNSS up to 18 Hz
2 Concurrent GNSS(GPS & GLONASS) up to 10 Hz
- Horizontal position accuracy(GPS & GLONASS) 2.5 m CEP
- Velocity accuracy 0.05m/s
- Cold start 26 s
Aided cold starts: 2 s
Hot start 1 s
Tracking & Navigation: –165 dBm
Reacquisition: –158 dBm
Cold start: –146 dBm
Hot start: –155 dBm
- Input voltage range: 4~5.5V
- Power consumption: 40mA
- Uart (Tx,Rx) interface for GPS SAM-M8Q
- I2C (DA,CL) interface for Compass QMC5883L
- Battery for HOT module start
- Power LED(Red) & Time pulse LED(Blue)
- Dimensions: L20 x W20 x H10 mm
- Weight: 7 gram
- Supported by INAV/Betaflight/Ardupilot, ect.
- M8Q-5883 module, 1 pc
- SH1.0-6P 20cm silicon wire, 1 pc
- Transparent PVC Heat-shrink tube
- GPS, GLONASS, SBAS, QZSS are enabled by default
- u-blox M8Q series has no external flash memory
- Blue PPS LED blinking(1Hz) means 3D fixed
- update rate 1Hz & baudrate 9600 default
- Baud 9600~115200 supported by INAV/BF/Ardupilot
- update rate 5Hz with INAV UBLOX Protocol
- update rate 10Hz with INAV UBLOX7 Protocol
- Compass Alignment(Arrow forward and flat mounting): Tilting the magnetometer is strongly discouraged !
INAV/BetaFLight: CW 270° Flip when flight controller arrow is facing forward also
Ardupilot/Mission Planner: Rotation None
- BF doesn’t support GPS position hold and RTH, GPS Rescue mode is supported by BF3.5 or last.
- No need compass for Fixed wings with INAV firmware
- The scratches on ceramic antenna are the result of tuning the antenna by ublox.
- Make sure to have compass/magnetometer 10cm away from power lines/ESC/motors/iron based material